The ISI stands for Ice Skating Institute and is the governing body for recreational figure skating as well as a trade association. Like the U.S. Figure Skating Association (USFSA), the ISI has a test structure and competitions, although "serious" skaters tend to switch over to the USFSA structure if they're interested in competing in USFSA-sanctioned events. Isn't it great that skaters have a choice like this? No matter what your level of interest, there's an organization for everyone!
Here are the guidelines for the Creativity Contest:
- 8.5 inches by 11 inches
- Any medium (paint, marker, pencil, pastel, etc.) - but two-dimensional only
- Be sure to sign your art!
- Do NOT fold or bend your art
- You may send the artwork only, or you may add a sentiment if you wish
- Include your full name, address, telephone number and ISI member number on a separate note
- Submissions MUST be received in the ISI office no later than October 15, 2008
NOTE: Materials cannot be returned
SEND TO: Ice Skating Institute, Attention: Magazine Editor, 6000 Custer Road, Building 9, Plano, Texas 75023
If your design is chosen, it will be used as the official ISI 2008 holiday card and you'll receive recognition in Recreational Ice Skating magazine as well as on the card itself. Please note that the winning artist MUST assign the Ice Skating Institute ownership of, and all rights to, the winning design.
Any questions about the contest can be e-mailed to: editor[at]skateisi[dot]org. Please replace [at] with @ and [dot] with .